Join the Revolution!
A substantial change to the local food culture does not happen over night- and takes many hands, hearts and minds!
Here are six things you can do to help the Revolution today:
1) There are several different ways in which you can shop locally- although this is a bit harder in MK than in the rest of the UK! Have a look at our Market section and the list of independent producers and food places in your area.
2) Now that the revolution is under way, we need plenty of people who will help us to get the word out there! Please have a look at our volunteers page to find out more about current opportunities. We might be able to cover your expenses but will also receive you with a smile (and probably a piece of cake, too!)
3) The team of MK Food Revolution invests its time into bringing independent producers to the forefront of people's mind and making it easier to buy from them. Buying a passport keeps our operation afloat- and tells tells you loads about wonderful traders and events near you. NOTE: Unfortunately the winter 2015/2016 passports are now sold out. Make sure to subscribe to the mailing list to stay updated about our next batch!
4) As part of the MK Indie Food Passport we are delighted to launch a crowdfunder campaign which encourages new producers and provides them with a start-up fund to make their dream become reality. Support them and their independent enterprise!
5) One of the most important aspects of any revolution is understanding how and why it can improve the community it serves. By taking the our survey, you help us to make the case for better and more local food in MK.
6) Even a tiny thing like joining our mailing list can already make all the difference. You'll be kept up to date about events and projects in MK and we know that you are interested in what we do- we hope that's a fair trade!