Event and participation opportunities for you
Thanks for joining the MK Food Revolution! It is wonderful to have you and your business on board! On this page we would like to tell you all about the brilliant opportunities we've got in store for you over the coming weeks and months. You might want to grab a cup of tea- the list is pretty long and exciting!
Here is an overview of our current events and services:
- MK Indie Food Passport Loyalty scheme
- Passport launch at Wolverton Market (21st November) and MK FEAST at Bradwell Abbey (20th February)
- Support with running your own tasting and food event
- Stall spaces at the One World Fair and the Conniburrow Lantern Walk
- Planning of a new shop and fortnightly market at the new MK Urban Farm in Woughton
To learn more about the events please read the descriptions below and sign up at the form at the end or here. Spaces are allocated first come- first served.
Firstly, let us tell you about the MK Indie Food Passports. Partly funded by smart:MK and supported by the Community Foundation and the Open University, these little booklets are going to be available from the 20th November. They will include information about lots of independent traders in MK as well as food events and initiatives.
As you have already registered with us, we would like to feature your business, too. You will get your own page in the passport which will include your logo as well some of the information you submitted during your registration. Although we will not charge you for your page, we would like to ask you for two favours:
1. We would like to show the world that the MK Food Passport is something of value which does not only attract local customers to buy more food, but also offers them unique opportunities. We would therefore like to ask you to either offer a 10% discount or an alternative 'treat' of your choice to Food Passport holders. This might be an alternative discount or access to a special product which they would otherwise not be able to access.
2. Your page will not only contain information about your business and discounts/ special treats you have got in store for MK Food Passport holders, but it also includes a box for you to stamp/draw your logo- just like with a real passport. At the end of the passport validity (20th February 2016), customers will be able to swap their stamps for prices. Here is our request: Could you please let us know whether you've already got your own business stamp? If that is not the case, we'd like work with you to give you a stamp of your logo as a present.
The Food Passport is going to be promoted and sold at a variety of events. It will also be connected to its own events: A launch at Wolverton Market on Saturday the 21st November and its own MK FEAST extravaganza at Bradwell Abbey on Saturday the 20th February 2016. We would like to invite you and your business to join us for both.
Wolverton Market takes place from 9am-1pm and they have got space for an extra five 3x3m gazebos or food vans. The stall hire will be £15 for this event. Stalls will be allocated first come first served.
The MK FEAST will be a unique food festival for MK and we are absolutely delighted to have secured Bradwell Abbey as a venue. We are expecting extensive media coverage as well as entertainment, music, games and lots of food so make sure to put this date in your diary. Stalls will be £25 (plus another £10 if you need power from the Abbey) and stalls will be planned and allocated in early December.
As part of the passport we are also hoping to facilitate a series of tastings and food events run by our food traders- you! Are you interested in hosting a supper club, running a tasting or even teaching foodies something about your craft and business? We are already working with Bucks Star brewery to organise a Beer Tasting, but would love to extend our offering to passport holders. We can help you to set up and promote your event and can even help you sell tickets!
In addition to our own events, we are also aware of a series of markets which are still looking for extra stalls. The One World Fair (7th Nov) is looking for fairtrade/ethical contributors and the Conniburrow Lantern walk and Christmas Festival (6th December) are particularly interested in hot food and Christmas stalls.
Lastly, we had some incredibly exciting news last week which will potentially have an impact on the food future of MK for years to come. After seven months of investigation and negotiation, the MK Urban Farm (soon to be called The Hive) has finally found a home on a piece of land next to the Community Orchard in Woughton. The land is looked after by the Parks' Trust and will not only serve as a relatively central space to produce fruit, veg, eggs, flowers and herbs, it also hopes to become a home for many of the community groups who have been driven out of the city centre over the last years.
As part of the farm, we are currently planning to facilitate two further endeavors which might also be of benefit to you: A small local food shop and a fortnigthly food market. These will start opening their doors in the first weeks of March 2016 and we will be in touch in plenty of time to invite you to take part!
Now that we have bombarded you with lots of information about all of the things we are currently involved in, we would like to hear from you. Please let us know which of these opportunities you are interested in by completing the survey below.
All opportunities are first come first served and we are going to approach traders who have not yet registered with us on Friday the 6th November. We hope to hear from you well before that and should be in touch within the next week to confirm all details.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the best,
Your MK Food Revolution team